Monday, March 1, 2010

Halo ..... the best video game franchise of all time?

I was looking at pictures of Halo Reach on IGN and I will admit the artwork looks impressive.

My only concern is that Bungie is potentially setting themselves up for disaster if the game is nothing short of immaculate.

I remember when Halo 2 came out for the original Xbox, and while I was totally into the game and played it more then a few times from beginning to end, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was a miss .....

In truth, I thought that Half-Life 2, released by Valve in the same year as Halo 2, 2005, was at least a slightly better game overall.

Then along came the much anticipated Halo 3 for the Xbox 360 in 2007 and the story line that started back in 2001 with the original Halo was resolved.

Again, Halo 3 was awesome, but not immaculate awesome for some reason and it seems little details, much like with Halo 2, just robbed both Halo 2 and 3 of some of its fine polish.

I have yet to try the spin off Halo Wars, which is a real time strategy game similar to Warcraft and Starcraft or the prequel Halo ODST, so I want comment on them till I get around to trying both those games out.

Halo Reach is supposed to be the final curtain on the Halo franchise and with all the hype leading up to the release date, it better be epic from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment