Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tiger Woods .... Just a mere mortal

It is easy to forget that celebrities, politicians, and professional athletes are mere mortals. They have the same genetic makeup as every other human being on this Earth.

And yet, when their personal lives become embroiled in scandal and conspiracy, their problems are thrust into the limelight and kept there for however long the tabloids can feed off the proverbial fodder.

I personally don't judge Tiger Woods for his infidelity. How many cases of infidelity are before the courts right now as I write this in the general public?

Why should Tiger Woods personal shame become a public forum on infidelity when it is happening all the time around the world to other people?

I say we should focus less on making a public spectacle and moral case of Tiger Woods infidelity, and more time focusing on our own lives.

2 comments:

  1. So easy to say that, but it's amazing how the personal lives of celebrities are such a fascination to us "regular folk".

    Kind of like Brangelina. I'm so sick of hearing about them, yet I will pick up a magazine that features them on the front cover!

    But, like we were talking about in PR, maybe if Woods had handled the situation differently instead of trying to hold on to his privacy, the whole thing could have just blown over, a la David Letterman. There is a reason these guys make millions. As a celebrity, everything you do is up for scrutiny. They are role models, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the PR angle in the Tiger Woods saga. I guess my reaction is more to the fact that I think there are more pressing issues for us to deal with. Interestingly, I have heard the term 'bad PR' from people in the media to describe how Woods and his PR team have handled his 'situation'!

    ReplyDelete