Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ode to an airport

My wife and I had a voucher for travel on United Airlines that we obtained when we were deliberately delayed on a trip to see some of my wife's relatives in Missouri and held up overnight in Chicago.

Our dismay at that precise moment was not as animated as some of our fellow travellers, but we were annoyed nevertheless.

My wife and I decided to transfer said voucher to her parents to use which you can do, but when we got to Winnipeg Airport we couldn't do it .....

The United kiosk was devoid of any signs of life and in the end we waited for nearly four hours for a United Airlines departure to see the kiosk come to life.

My wife and I lined up, rife with confidence that our waiting was not in vain, but it was. We were told that the persons who can make the magic voucher transfer had left not more then 30 minutes ago; said persons were there all along, but needed to be called to come to the kiosk! Ahh, serenity now!

Now, I'm not saying my wife and I are not to blame, because I'm sure that we could have found out more info on the magic voucher transfer procedure.

The only thing I noted in my flustered and flabbergasted recollection of said event, is that the United kiosk had no information for customers in our situation indicating where, when, and who we need to speak to.

So, if you find yourself in a similar position for the first time as mentioned above, find out the where, when, and who first!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that must have been so frustrating! Have you managed to get it transferred at all yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we are going to wait on it as we have till May of next year before the voucher expires.

    ReplyDelete