Saturday, September 12, 2009

Is the Enviro Levy dry ....

I was just recently at Home Depot and was asked if I would like a bag for five cents. I can't recall this situation occurring in the past at Home Depot until not so long ago, and now it seems to be the norm for consumers to be asked if they want to pay for plastic bags and/or just be charged for plastic bags wherever consumers shop for small ticket items.

Putting aside the plastic industries morbid fear of cloth bag dominance, my recent plastic bag incident prompted me to ask; where does the money from the enviro levy go?

I was under the impression that the enviro levy is paying for the cost of disposing of the plastic bag at a landfill. Or is it to help keep recycling facilities going?

Many plastic bags don't get recycled and I am curious if anyone has any specific information on this subject or can direct me to a link that might.

No comments:

Post a Comment